Race Fast Facts
- Driver: Luca Filippi
- Car: No. 98 Barracuda Racing
- Primary sponsor: Barracuda Networks
- Event title: The Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston
- Location: Streets of Houston, TX
- Track: 10-turn, 1.7-mile temporary street circuit
- 2013 event counter: The Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston races are the 17th and 18th (of 19) for the IZOD IndyCar Series
- Practice sessions: Friday, October 4 from 10:30-12 p.m. CDT
- Qualifying – Race 1: Friday, October 4 from 3:05-4:15 p.m. CDT (Firestone Fast Six format)
- Qualifying – Race 2: Saturday, October 5 from 10:45-11:15 a.m. (30-min format)
- Race 1: Saturday, October 5 with pre-race activities beginning around 2 p.m. CDT and an estimated green flag at 2:40 p.m.
- Race 2: Sunday, October 6 with pre-race activities beginning around 12 p.m. CDT and an estimated green flag at 12:40 p.m.
- TV race broadcast (USA): NBC Sports Network
- TV race broadcast (Canada): TVA Sports & SportsNet
- Race broadcast (radio): IMS Radio Network, XM 211 and Sirius 211
Quote: Luca Filippi
“We are all very excited to be racing here in Houston. It’s not really a new race, but for the DW12 and IndyCar teams, it feels like a new race. I can say that the Barracuda Racing team is very leveled. We had good preparation for this weekend and our motivation is very high. After the last race in Baltimore with Barracuda Racing, I felt very confident and I think we kept improving our performances. My goal for this weekend is to bring a trophy back home. I know it’s not going to be easy but this is my goal and I’ll do my best to make it happen.”
- Barracuda Racing: @BHA
- Luca Filippi: @LucaFilippiLF
- Barracuda Networks: @barracuda
- Bowers & Wilkins: @BowersWilkins
- Barracuda Racing: facebook.com/BryanHertaAutosport
IZOD IndyCar Series autograph session with Luca Filippi: Friday, October 4 from 5:45-6:45 p.m. CDT in the INDYCAR Fan Village.