- Driver: Alex Tagliani
- Car: No. 98 Barracuda Racing
- Primary sponsor: Barracuda Networks
- Event title: Brazil Formula Indy GP – Sao Paulo Indy 300
- Location: Streets of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Track: 11-turn, 2.536-mile temporary street circuit
- 2013 event counter: The Sao Paulo Indy 300 is the 4th race (of 19) for the IZOD IndyCar Series
- Practice sessions: Saturday, May 4 from 7:30-8 a.m. ET (group A), 8-8:45 a.m. (all cars) and 11:05-12:05 p.m.; Morning warm-up on Sunday, May 5 from 7-7:30 a.m. ET.
- Qualifying: Saturday, May 4 from 1:35-2:45 p.m. ET.
- Race: Sunday, May 5 – Pre-race activities starting at 10:50 a.m. ET with an estimated green flag at 11:30 p.m. (75 laps)
- TV race broadcast (USA): NBC Sports Network
- TV race broadcast (Canada): TVA Sports & SportsNet
- Race broadcast (radio): IMS Radio Network, XM 211 and Sirius 211
Driver Quote: Alex Tagliani
This is the first race for Barracuda Racing in Sao Paulo. The team was in the process of switching to Honda at this time last year and chose not to travel to Brazil as we prepared for Indianapolis.
I’m very excited to go back to Brazil – I was on the front row in the inaugural race for IndyCar there. It’s a really great, really long street course. It’s normally tough to get that sort of length on street courses and I like the track a lot.
So far, the Barracuda Racing car has been pretty good this year but unfortunately we have not been able to showcase just how good it is. We’ve been kind of unlucky. The red flag during qualifying at Long Beach cost us a good starting position and even though we were making ground during the race, we got taken out. You never know where you’re going to end up being in the race and this was just the wrong spot.
Hopefully from this point forward, things are going to turn around for us and we’ll be back to our usual pace of good qualifying and running up front. We have some great people from Barracuda Networks and Bowers & Wilkins coming to Brazil this weekend so hopefully we can score a win for them.
- Barracuda Racing: @BHA
- Alex Tagliani: @tagliani
- Barracuda Networks: @barracuda
- Bowers & Wilkins: @Bowers_Wilkins
- Barracuda Racing: facebook.com/BryanHertaAutosport
- Alex Tagliani: facebook.com/ATagliani